Thursday, February 25, 2016

Dear Jake~

Dear Jake-

It's been forever.

How are you?

How's everything going?

Better than before?

"Before what?" you say.

Before your meltdown of 2012.

Yeah, sorry I didn't make it to your funeral

I had every intention to go but...

Things got complicated. 

And between fighting for my life

And trying to remember who I was and who everyone else is,

I was busy. 

Plus, I couldn't even remember who you were or how I knew you so I'm sure that would have been a really interesting conversation. I imagine it would've gone like this:

Are you Jake?

"Last time I checked, yeah"

Unfortunately, I can't remember what happened or how I knew you. Help me out?

"Remember Brayden?" you'd say

Anderson?

"That's the one."

Umm not really, I mean I know who he is but...

"So you don't remember hot tubbing at my house every weekend?"

No. But you see, things aren't really copacetic in my head. Somethin about a traumatic brain injury?

"Oh. I'm sorry"

I'm not. In my opinion, one of the best ways to go is trying to be there for your friends. 

"But, Kik, you didn't die. I need you to find my parents and tell that I'm okay."

K, Jake, I will. 

I'm sure that's the conversation we had in heaven or wherever we were.

Or something, somethin like that.

I guess I need to talk to his parents. Excuse me.


No comments:

Post a Comment