Saturday, February 27, 2016

Dear Kiera~

Monday night, Kiera Larsen - a ten-year old, elementary school child in Lakeside, California - was playing in the road with two toddlers when suddenly, a Mercedes parked on the side of the road (driveway), not turned on, shifts into drive and nearly runs over the two babies. Kiera pushes them out of the way and she takes the full brunt of the force. The news story I read said she died in the hospital but the clip I watched said she died in the ambulance. Anyways, what you did was so brave Kiera. If you weren't already a beautiful girl, you are now. I admire your actions. As a girl who has danced with death, I know that it's something I never want to do again, but to not just shimmy with death, but to take it head on, that takes guts. I feel bad that I only know of you because my dad said something earlier about this story.  Being from California, I feel like I should have known you but we lived in different cities, and you probably still in your momma's belly by the time we moved, almost 11 years ago. It's an irrational thought, this feeling of mine. I hope that Jake, Vance, and my Grandma Sandy are friends with you. I'm sure they'd love you. I know I do.
                                                          ❤️me

No comments:

Post a Comment